Ludington, MI 49431
Job Purpose: Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting with 2-3 years of accounting experience. Will consider newly graduated Accountants for the right person.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of business process systems such as Plex, ADP, and Concur.
- Skills & Abilities: Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and interact successfully with vendors, and members of management on accounting issues. High degree of confidentiality required. ATTENTION TO DETAIL REQUIRED.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- General ledger – Support month end closing by preparing and entering journal entries. Review general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy. Update monthly financial statements and reports. Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Accounts receivable – assist with entering payment receipts, mailing invoices, collection efforts on unpaid invoices, invoice preparation/release when required.
- Payroll – assist with preparation weekly payroll including checking and calculating of timecards, computer entry, producing required reports and weekly check runs. Help communicate with employees and supervisors to resolve payroll issues
- Cash Management – download daily bank reports, reconcile bank statements.
- Other duties include preparation and assistance for year end audits.